Naitras: Threads of Destiny (18+)
The plot of the game intertwines the fate of many story characters, important both for the past and for the future of the Aeternitas Universe. All the secrets of the world of Naitras are about to be revealed. The main character, Sardo, is a talented wizard, and heir to an ancient family.
You will face the unknown, find out the reasons for D’havols’ invasion of this unremarkable world on the outskirts of the Universe, and unravel the tangle of secrets and intrigues that have been woven around his ancestors and family for almost a thousand years since the defeat of the D’havols.
Game development history:
- We started developing games with this project, which, due to lack of experience and knowledge in programming, was based on RPGMaker MV.
- While developing the game, we made some mistakes, as we are not professionals in the field of game development, besides, it all started as a hobby. Therefore, having taken into consideration all the issues, we want to redo the Naitras: Threads of Destiny, starting with the plot and finishing with the engine.
- I would like to note that the plot will not go through significant changes; it will just become more intense and interesting. It is like a mosaic: some parts of it are assembled, others are placed incorrectly, so they need to be reconsidered and reassembled, yet most of the overall picture has not been assembled.
- The engine we chose at that time could not provide the required quality and stability of the game on different platforms.
- But now that we have changed the engine, we are one step closer to making games the way we want them to be. In fact, we are now limited only by the level of our skills, which will grow and improve over time.
But all this will not happen until preliminary steps are taken. Therefore, we decided to take on other games from the game Universe, gain knowledge, and gradually recruit a good team of developers who can help us turn our fantasies into reality, and only after that we will be able to take on such a big project as Naitras: Threads of Destiny.
The main focus of the game is accentuated on the plot and the relationship of the characters.
Extended plot. The main events of the plot have thickened for a thousand years before the protagonist got involved, so he has to do both to cope with dangers and to fight an enemy that he has never even seen before; meanwhile, his enemy knows almost everything about him;
Lots of stories. During his adventures, the main character meets many colorful characters, and the overall success, as well as the future of the entire Eveer continent, depends on the choice made in such stories;
A lot of characters with who you can have a romantic relationship. These can be both episodic relationships, and more significant ones that can have a certain impact on the development of the plot in certain aspects;
Many explicit scenes which are well woven into the overall plot. 18+ content warning;
Economic aspect. You have to restore, develop and strengthen the economy of your province. Protect inhabitants from rampant crime, restore forts and prepare for war by gathering your private army and establishing diplomatic relations with influential personalities in the kingdom, and finding support in neighboring countries;
Combat system. The battles will take place in a tactical turn-based mode, in which you have to control one or more heroes and correctly use the advantages of each of them to defeat enemy units.
The game will be developed on the Unity engine using 2D and 3D graphics, but the environment will retain its original visual style as it was in ToD v 0.2.4. In fact, we will use our first game as a concept for the new one to be created on, avoiding all the mistakes of our first attempt, but in a 3D environment and with 3D characters in locations. At the same time, the main idea with full-size busts of characters in the dialogues, and all the characters you already know will remain almost untouched.
I would like to draw special attention to the fact that the content you saw in the first game will be partially transferred to the new one. That is to say that character busts, many arts, and animated scenes that will match the quality of the new game will remain as in the old version of the game.
Although all our efforts are directed to the development of other games, the work on Naitras: Threads of Destiny, its editing and finalizing of the plot is on, smoothly flowing into writing a set of books, which, we will definitely professionally translate into English after their release.
Greetings! We have got some news to share: To begin with, while examining the features of Unity and improving our skills in working on it, we transferred TOD Fragments: Special Fun to it, which had previously been released on RPGMakerMV. If you have already played TOD Fragments: Special Fun before, you will find hardly anything…